Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Step up 2 the streets- Final Dance



This scene from the movie Step up 2- The streets is a performance that stayed with me every since I seen the movie. During and after watching a performance like this one it just brings something inside of you to life, or at least it did in me. I have always been interested in hip hop dance but just never had the chance to take action until now with being in the hip hop dance class at OSU. I think with all dances weather its tap, jazz or hip hop that the music plays a huge role in the performance and inspiration of the performers. In this video the dancers are using a combination of dances for which we have learned in our hip hop class from popping, locking, and breaking. I enjoy watching the moves we have learned in the performance. Also the dances correspond their moves very well with the music and interoperate the look of hip hop dancers. Dancing bring out the emotions in people and allows them to show who they really are through their dancing with is shown in this clip.

-- Heather Pulford

2 comments:

OSU Dance 201.06- Hip Hop said...

after watching this video it show how hip hop come so far and that its no longer the funky chicken but a way of expression and in this movie it shows that hip hop is the new jazz of back then ,what i like about this dance performence was how everyone showed there talent on the same dance without stop the movement of the other people in the group and with had work and dedication its passible to reach your goal.

mohamed hassan

OSU Dance 201.06- Hip Hop said...

I love this video for several reasons. 1. I love this movie and most dance-related movies in general. 2. I think the choreography is great. There are "power moves" or tricks that make the audience just say "wow," but there is also actual choreography as well. I think the dances they do really fit the different songs, hitting the beats, but also doing smooth motions, in my opinion, at the right time. I also love competition and watching the "good" team dominate and perform this well is exciting to watch as well.
-Stacy McFarland