Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kaba Modern- Lashae Howard





Lashae Howard- I really enjoy this group! I chose to pick a clip from the first week of America's Best Dance Crew, because it truly shows the group's original style. During the first week, the groups don't have an assignment, so they can rely on their particular style and talent alone. I really love that this is a coed group, because it shows the girls can go just as hard as the guys! In this performance the group demonstrated various styles of hip-hop dance, which include breaking, isolations, tutting, and many others. I also chose this video, because it uses slow music as well as faster music. A lot of times you don't see dance groups using slow songs to perform, so it was great to see this. My favorite part of the routine was the isolations, because it shows true skill to be able to control your body like that. Overall, I believe this is a very talented group.

4 comments:

OSU Dance 201.06- Hip Hop said...

I watched their performance before. Such an amazing dance group. Very fun to watch. The best dance crew is not necessary to have the best dancers, but greatest team spirit instead. This team of people can not only dance very well individually, but also creating team chemistry . Hip hop is such an energetic dance and gets the spirit!

Yip Chan

OSU Dance 201.06- Hip Hop said...

This dance was very short but very well choreographed. I liked the solid mix between popping and locking and breaking. I liked seeing the girls break, seems like a nice way to mix it up... anyway isolation were very well thought out. Their one transition was a little shaky though.

OSU Dance 201.06- Hip Hop said...

This is Bill btw

OSU Dance 201.06- Hip Hop said...

I really enjoyed watching this group through out their season of America's Best Dance Crew. This performance particularly is really great. I loved how they are so particular in the isolations. They hit the isolation right with the beat of the song. I agree about how they were really creative with a slower song. Usually slower songs are harder to dance too but they pulled it off well.

Julie Poeppelman